Re: Ported magnum heads??

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 22:14:44 EST

At 07:46 PM 3/16/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyone try a set of these? The big valve ones? Just wonder what kind of
>gains to expect, have a set to put on a buddies Dak R/T. It allready has
>headera, exhaust, MP intake, and is getting a Kammer cam at the same time.
>Dave

I don't know how much more hp these heads with the bigger valves give but
the Magnum Engine manuals says that porting with the MP templates
can get 30-60 hp depending on how skillful a person is with the porting
tools and what other modifications have been done.

We're using these templates on a set of heads from a 96 360 Ram.
I'm amazed at how much material following these templates.
We're also doing some extra cleaning and using standard size, stainless
steel valves which should add a little more flow velocity as well.

I think it'll give us 25-30 hp more. I'll know when I hit the track in
late April
or early May. I'll also have it dynoed, probably in the fall when it's cooler,
and compare the curves to those from the last ones.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 CC Dakota, 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE, 3.92SG, 4,075 lb (racing weight)
RW: 231.2 hp 340.0 torque PB: 14.313 95.05 mph