Re: Can't keep my A*& on the ground

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 23:54:30 EST

I certainly agree with the wheel,tire, and shock upgrade theory and would add
that some fellas on the DML have installed the Caltracs system which is
adjustable for different driving conditions. I think Mark Kuzia has this
system on his gen 2 dak.This would eleviate some of the wheel hop, but I'm
not sure about axle wind up. There is a company, I forget the name but I'll
post it when I remember, that will install a corvette style multi-link
independent suspension in any late model truck. I think it uses some sort of
fiberglass leaf spring system and a bigger rear size. Of couse this would
severely limit your load carrying capabilty. Ladder bars would help in a
"straight line" situation but would kill your handling through corners (which
is where these trucks are worst). Anyway, there is a whole lotta words that
is probably very little help.

John S