Dakota:4, Ricer: 0

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 01:42:42 EST

For those of you who dislike street racing, ignore this post...

On the way home for Harry's Hot Rod Shop today, a zit-faced kid with
scraggly hair driving a lowered Honda Civic decided that he was going to
race me. It was equipped with the complete "Ricer" package: lowered to the
ground, ground effects complete with wire mesh inserts, the largest wheels
and lowest profile tires he could squeeze into the wheel wells, "Coffee Can"
tipped "Fart" tube, Clear Lenses, and tinted windows.

He gets beside me, and starts blipping the throttle to get me to race (we
were doing around 60mph or so)... I at first refuse to play this game with
him, but after him doing this for over 2 miles, I finally decided enough was
enough. I told my friend Neil to hold on, I punched the OD button to off,
slammed the gas, and proceeded to slowly pull away from the Civic. I wasn't
pulling away very quickly until finally had to go into Overdrive, and
surprisingly proceeded to lurch further away from him. I let off a little
past 100mph, and proceeded to go back to the posted speed limit, and then he
comes back up beside me, rolls down the window and says that we hit 160.
160? The guy must have been looking at KPH, not mph!!! This is still the
United States, isn't it? Don't we go my MPH here???

Well, he wants to go at it again, so again I did the same thing to him...
and then a third time!!!

When I finally get to my exit off the highway, he follows me... I make my
turn onto a long straight stretch of road with a 40mph speed limit. He
again has the audacity to get next to me, honks three times and we go at it
again! I left him sitting there!!! got up to about 85mph, and let off....
he decided to turn of the street the first chance he got!!!

The whole thing had to suck for him, getting his ass handed to him by a
dirty, boxy old Dodge Dakota!!!

The moral of the story, there is no replacement for displacement!

Later,
Tom "Slick" North
96 Dodge Dakota 5.2L RC
71 Chevelle Malibu 350