Exhaust question

From: Ram Sport (ramqcsport98@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 14:58:32 EST

Hey all,

I think my cat is on it's last leg. I am throwing
around the idea of replacing it with a high-flow model
like the Carsounds. Where is the best place to get
them? I am also thinking about replacing my muffler
and enlarging the pipe from the cat to the muffler to
3". Will this hurt my low-end? I have a '98 4x4 w/ the
360 and need all the torque I can get.

My exhaust is already 3" from the muffler back and I
want to stay with the single pipe. I have seen rave
reviews about the Dynomax Bullet...what about the
Spintech? I like the deep sound of both, but I would
like to know if the sounds I am hearing are from
modded out trucks...my engine is internally stock. I
want a deep sound, but not so loud where it is
obnoxious at cruising speeds.

Does anyone have any sounds of either on a
pretty-close-to-stock truck? What model are you
running? Thanks for any info.

Dom