Re: ABS and BRAKE lights on

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 09:52:09 EST

Hi, Doug.

At 11:17 PM 3/19/02 -0500, you wrote:
>My ABS and BRAKE lights are on and won't go off.
>Brake function is fine. Any ideas?

Three possibilities have been reported in the past.
I'll list them in order from ease to more complex.

1. Check the ABS and/or the brake light fuses.

2. Check the wiring harness (white male connector plugged into
     black female connector) right above the brake pedal. Slide
     the red toggle release, depress the tab and carefully unplug.
     Check wires/clean connectors and replug.

3. Check the rear wheel speed sensor (top of diff.) and its wiring
      (just mentioned by Ron). I think that there's a way to test with
      a VOM but I don't have the procedure.

Try 1 and 2 first. If either doesn't fix the problem, let me know and I'll
see if I can find a procedure to check #3 or you can easily replace
this sensor (someone reported it's about #31 plus taxes ... just
make sure it's the one at the diff. and not for the tranny.

Bob