Re: AAR Dakota Cowl Hood 91-96

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 17:47:48 EST

As long as it's a functional cowl hood, I think it would be better. It
will allow a lot of under-hood heat to escape, thus allowing cooler air
to enter the S/C. Concensus seems to be that Ram Air is pretty much a
misnomer at our speeds. This is what I have been looking for for my
S/C'ed Dak, a good cowl hood to allow the hot air out from the engine and
headers rather than keeping the heat in there to be sucked into the S/C.

YMMV

Richard in San Antonio

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:08:27 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time) "Kathy &/or
Chris Carton" <carton@madriver.com> writes:

> Thanks. I like the looks of the hood, and your truck is very cool
> as well.
> I was thinking the ram-air would be better for the supercharger
> setup I'm
> installing, but now after seeing the cowl hood...
>
> > www.cruznlo.com
> > www.eternalrollerz.com
>

> Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:23:32 -0500
> From: "Ray Block" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net>
> Subject: DML: Re: AAR Dakota Cowl Hood 91-96
>
> I have one on my '92 Dak. Fit and finish is excellent. I have a
> picture at the link below.
>
> http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/20KM1FD2KWBP.html
>
> BTW...your truck looks awesome! I'm going to order the clear corners
>
> for mine.
>
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:06:09 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
> > From: "Kathy &/or Chris Carton" <carton@madriver.com>
> > Subject: DML: AAR Dakota Cowl Hood 91-96
> >
> > Does anyone have the cowl hood from AAR for 91-96? If so do you
> have
> pics?
> > have emailed them a couple of times and get no response. I need to
>
> decide between this or the Dakota R/T Hood 91-96 and would like to
> know how
> it looks. (I have seen a pic of the R/T hood)
> >
> > Thanks

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.