AAR Dakota Cowl Hood 91-96

From: Kathy &/or Chris Carton (carton@madriver.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 21:17:43 EST

You know, I had thought of that, but thought it was just me being paranoid
or something. As it is, the truck gets mistaken for a Chevy from time to
time, (right Kevin?) and adding to that image is not what I want to do. I
appreciate everyone suggestions and comments.
www.cruznlo.com
Its true that a cowl hood will vent the hot air out the back, but
only when the truck is sitting still. When the truck starts moving,
a vacuum is formed and the cowl becomes an intake. In either case,
wether it be a cowl or a "ram air" style hood, really they are both
just cold air intakes, so as far as functionality goes, its not
going to matter a whole lot, so you can pretty much just pick the
style that you prefer.
Just to throw another aspect out there - if you are trying to be
true to the "Mopar image", a ram-air style is the way to go - cowl
hoods have historically been associated with Chevy. :-) (Hey, don't
kill the messenger! If you don't care, that's fine, but if you do,
well, there ya go.) :-)

-Jon-
---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----.
Richard A Pyburn <rap777@juno.com> wrote:

: As long as it's a functional cowl hood, I think it would be better. It
: will allow a lot of under-hood heat to escape, thus allowing cooler air
: to enter the S/C. Concensus seems to be that Ram Air is pretty much a
: misnomer at our speeds. This is what I have been looking for for my
: S/C'ed Dak, a good cowl hood to allow the hot air out from the engine and
: headers rather than keeping the heat in there to be sucked into the S/C.

: YMMV