AAR Dakota Cowl Hood 91-96

From: Kathy &/or Chris Carton (carton@madriver.com)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 06:56:44 EST

Originally I was thinking cowl hood because if/when Chris bodydrops the
truck next year, there would be more room underneath. Then we realized that
the K&N will be gone anyway when he puts the supercharger in, so room isn't
that much of an issue. So, it's mainly just for looks. I don't plan on
racing, well, except for the occasional long interstate trips, or light to
light in the city. And yes, ignorance is the problem, but it's still painful
to have someone tell you they like your Chevy (shudder)!

www.cruznlo.com
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 18:58:07 -0500
From: "Ray Block"

When I got the "R/T" hood, I had AAR cut out the back side of the raised
portion of the hood (the part facing the windshield) just so it would vent
hot air. I then installed a black plastic (rain-gutter) mesh for a finished
look. It did look good and worked well. I rejected the idea of opening
the forward facing "scoop" openings as they are too small to do anything but
let in rain. My air intake is a custom made dual snorkel arrangement
drawing air from either side of the radiator. The "cowl" hood will
currently do one of two things; vent hot air or provide cool air to your TB
if you seal it off properly. I use it to vent hot air and my local
body-man molded in some other vents for me. Sorry, I don't yet have a good
picture of the mods. Above 50 mph it quits venting and starts inhaling but
I don't need the cooling at that speed anyway.

And Cathy, mine was mistaken for an S-10 long before I had either hood but
it hasn't happened in the past few years. Just chalk it up to the
ignorance of people who aren't really automotive enthusiasts.

Hope this helps,
Ray