Re: Power Steering Whine!

From: branning sung (brannings@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 00:41:35 EST

I had a similar experience a couple weeks back. Mine turned out to be the
mounting bolts on the pump between the pulley and the pump. One of the
bolts had come out completely and was flying around in the pulley this made
a chirping whinning noise as it bounced around. Every so often, it would
get caught between another bolt and the pulley making a grinding noise.
Other times it would bind enough to make the belt slip and we know what that
sounds like. Of course, mine was not related to turning the wheel and you
have to press off the pulley to get to the bolts.

It would be interesting if yours is the same problem cuz I have the 99 v-6
cc 5 speed too.

Branning
http://brannings.tripod.com