MP 402 magnum 435hp crate motor

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 07:30:36 EST

Hey all,

    I was just flipping through the latest mopar performance catalop and
noticed that they have a 402 magnum stroker motor. They say it is not
recommended for use with stock type MPI systems but it comes with the MPI
manifold (4 bbl). Does anyone know why it wouldn't work with the MP PCM? I
assume the only thing it could be is the cam, couldn't I just replace the cam
with a hughes engine cam (the one in my 318) or something more compatible
with the computer?

John S

95 cc 5.2 auto, transgo shift kit, 4.10 gears, auburn LSD, superior axles, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat) MSD digi6+
ignition, MSD HVC coil, MSD 8.5 wires, HD cap&rotor, autolite 3923's, K&N
X-stream filter (14x3.5), 180 stat, 1 quart oil filter (Trans-dapt
relocated), Hughes stage II TB and intake manifold, Hughes 1418 cam, Hughes
1.6:1 aluminum roller rockers, progear DR timing chain, MP valve covers, 24#
FMS injectors, Speedtweaks IAT adjuster