Re: hmmm

From: Punch (2punch.crash2000@AHM.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 21:39:04 EST

wow, I know all about just in time delivery, I work for CN rail, spot up the
ford plant in Oakville, same thing the car must arrive within a certain time
frame, then the assembly line shuts down, and cn must pay employee wages for
this time (ford employee's) (something to this effect anyways)

--
98 Dakota,CC,V6,Homebrew,DynoMax Cat-Back,3923's,BFG-KO's.

For Sale: stock air box, K&N drop in filter, Future Mods: 3.92 LSD, MP3 player, Thunderforms, RT rims/Tires, Fender Flares. "Andy Levy" <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a7tuml$rf8$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > And if Dana should be a couple hours late with a truck, it costs BIG money. > I think for Durangos, they charge something in the neighborhood of 5 > figures per hour things are delayed. > > Pukeloser@aol.com wrote: > > > > > Yep, > > > > This is what they call "just in time" manufacturing. Most of the > > automakers are doing it these days to cut inventory, labor, and facility > > costs. It works great for the manufacturer, the problem is that it > > essentially pushes all the costs upstream in the process so the outsource > > companies (like Dana) end up absorbing the costs. > > > > John S > > -- > -andy > andylevy@yahoo.com > Maintainer, DML FAQ - http://www.dakota-truck.net/faq/ > http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota/ > '99 CC 4x4 318 auto