Re: cost of engine boring?

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 10:27:44 EST

In a message dated 3/27/2002 11:13:26 PM Central Standard Time,
Gmblows@aol.com writes:

> Did this motor ever get put together, if so how about an update.
> Did you check for cylinder wall thickness.
> What year 318 block did you use?

Yes the motor did get put together.. I helped a friend do it in about 90-91
for a dirt track car he had. That track was very serious about thier engine
claim rules; so the objective was to use as many parts that were convenient.
He had an engine rebuild set for a Ford 351/400M and was wanting to use the
new pistons & rings. Last I knew it ran for at least a couple of years; but
I moved away & lost touch with him. It spent the first winter in his
RamCharger though; where he blew the transmission racing a '70 Chevelle with
it.
The block should have been about 68-71 vintage. I don't remember checking.
I was just out of high school then and didnt' even think to check.

Aaron W in AL
95 RC Sport 2.5L
94 RC WS 2.5L
86 Shelby Charger Turbo