Re: Re: Just a test - please ignore

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 12:17:53 EST

Andy Levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]
: So what is this new thing? We have the list on a new server, we have the
: NNTP feed...a form on the website to post to the list from there?

  Nah, actually we've had a form on the website for a while now. :-)

  John sent me an e-mail to ask about a problem with the list, a fairly
common one actually, and it occured to me that I might finally be able
to do something about it now that its running on my own server... The
problem stems from needing to be subscribed to the list in order to
post. Some folks are subscribed at their home address, but want to
be able to send a message to the list at work. You could always
subscribe under your work address of course, but due to volume or
policy issues, sometimes that is not desireable. About 2 iterations
of the list ago, DMLers used to be able to subscribe an address
under a "no mail" mode, where the address doesn't get mail sent to
it, but it can still post to the list. Majordomo doesn't allow that,
but I've simulated it...

  So here's the deal... If you want to be able to post from an address
other than the one you are subscribed under, you can subscribe to the
dakota-truck-nomail list. You won't actually get any mail from the
list, and its not possible to post to it, but by having an address
subscribed to it, you are then allowed to post messages to the DML
via that address.

   To subscribe an address to the nomail list, send an e-mail message
from that address to majordomo@dakota-truck.net. In the body of the
message, put:

   subscribe dakota-truck-nomail

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'