Parts Store Experiance (ATTN "Other Will")

From: ''Granpa'' Silver89 (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 01:51:34 EST

Will LOL I am in total agreement with you. I worked in cust. serv.
myself for a while. Had more than my share of nitwit people I had to
deal with.

But you reminded me of something that happend not long ago at the Pep
Boys near me. I went in to buy some parts - weatherproof electrical
connector harnesses if I remember correctly. Along with some other
electrical componants. Well I had just enough money on me to buy the
parts. I went there knowing approx what the cost would be and brought
the approperate amount of cash with me. Well I get up to the check out
and the woman there rang everything up and gives me a total of about
$20-$25 MORE than I expected. I was startled and embarassed and cought
off guard.

My instinctive reaction was to aplogize. I told the young woman I didn't
have that much cash with me and I would be back in a few mins - that I
was going to find an ATM near by. Which I was going to do - I needed
the parts!

So I started crossing the street to go into the grocery store where
there was an ATM. I get over there and realize that something was wrong.
On the way over I added up the prices from the shelves in my head and
realized that I was right and the register must have scanned the wrong
prices.

I went back and asked her if she could scan them again - that I thought
there as something wrong with the total... that it was too high.
Apperently my having walked out left her with a delema of a purchase
which was on the register and she had to wait (with customers waiting
also) for a supervisor to punch in an auth. code to void the
transaction.

So shes got a bad attitude right now. She scowls at me, and snapps "you
want me to ring them up again just to make me void them again?" I
calmly said back to her - but with an edge on my voice ( I was
restraining myself) .. I said no I want you to ring them up again to
check the prices because I think I was overcharged. She snapps at me
again (dont remember what it was) I said let me talk to yer super. We
eventually get it straightend out... and I was right about the prices
and I was charged the correct amount.

I have spent 100's of bucks at that store at a time.. and I was gonna
let the manager know it. I said to the manager that I spend lots of
money here.. and I don't want to get her in trouble... I worked cust.
service. too and I know that everyone has their bad days... but I also
know you shouldn't talk to a customer like that. I was cool as can be
and told him that her responce was a little off key.

So... you gotta admit.. there ARE parts store people out there who can
be just as bad as some of the idiot people who shop there.

By the way.. shes always been nice to me after that time LOL

Also for the record.. I have never had a problem at any Zone store...
but I don't go there much auctually.. they arn't in locations that I go
to much. Others stores are closer to me.

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Tom "Granpa" (Silver98) http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow