Re: Re: O/T: digital camera suggestions?

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 11:56:22 EST

In a message dated 3/30/2002 9:53:42 AM Central Standard Time,
DakotaRebel98@yahoo.com writes:

> Hewlett Packard also puts out some real nice low cost digital cameras, but
> no one seems to take them seriously since they are not a "camera" name

I've run into quite a few of the HP cameras and the more I see they look like
they're probably made by Olympus. We settled for the 1.3MegaPix Olympus
D-370 ($170US) this last fall and have loved it. We added a 128M smartmedia
to it.. and it'll hold over 200 pics at MAX res. Personally.. I like the
new D-510($280)US a bit better .. since it comes with a media card & is a
2.1 MP res.. But ours works great for us.

That was the first person I'd heard of that didn't like the Kodak's.. They
do give a lot of camera for the money. Unlike Sony which seem to see thier
name more than the products lately.

I have gotten quite a few complaints on the Polariod digitals though.. Unless
you want a toy, I think I'd pass on them.
Just my .02
Aaron W in AL
95 RC Sport 2.5L
94 RC WS 2.5L