RE: RE: NEXT GEN DAKOTA CANCELLED! What to Do

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 10:48:13 EST

I cannot blame the DaimlerChrysler group. However, if I was the CEO and
Dodge is the performance group of DC, I would opt out of the Dakota and
build a smaller Dakota with a larger engine. The numbers are not there to
sustain the Dakota but I have to agree on building the next gen Durango off
the Ram frame.

Now, with the next smaller truck, I would build a SRT-8 in a 2600LB truck
frame. Meaning? 5.7!!!!!

However, all complaints should be registered with DC. .....More the
merrier.

Remember the incident on the Probe and the Mustang cancellation? This is
what the Mustang folks did to cancel the Probe.

Steven St.Laurent
C2 IOW/IOS Engineer
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps