Re: Chevron Techron

From: Dakatack (dakatack@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 13:16:12 EST

The principal difference between TechronŽ and TechronŽ Concentrate is
additive concentration and rate of deposit clean-up. At the concentration
present in Chevron gasolines, TechronŽ over many tankfuls will help clean up
deposits on intake valves without contributing to combustion chamber
deposits. So, over time, Chevron gasolines with TechronŽ are able to reduce
or eliminate deposit-related hesitation and stumbling during acceleration
caused by deposits. A bottle of TechronŽ Concentrate, when added to gasoline
according to the label instructions, results in an additive concentration
roughly 10 times stronger than the dose in our gasolines. This mega-dose of
TechronŽ provides a much quicker clean up of intake valve deposits left by
lower quality gasolines. In addition, the high concentration of TechronŽ
reduces combustion chamber deposits, which can help reduce or eliminate
deposit-related engine knock and run-on.

Is Techron just a more diluted version of TechronŽ Concentrate?

Not precisely. While both are polyether amines of very similar structure,
each is optimized for its particular application. TechronŽ cleans engines
and keeps them clean through regular use of a lower additive dose, while
TechronŽ Concentrate provides a quicker clean-up through intermittent use of
a higher additive dose.