Re: Tire Pressures

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 15:20:58 EST

Just my opinion, but i think running the tires (they are stock right?) at 40
psi, you'll have premature wear in the centre of the tread.
When you travel at highway speed, they heat up and they will expand
nominally. If they are already under high pressure, this may turn into a
safety concern.
I think 35 is fine, i actually drove with my 32x11.5 AT/S's at 30 for the
last year and a half, and i had some tread "feathering" cause i like to take
the turns kinda quick, but i also wheel the hell outta it as well. hehehe
Off-road, you want to air them down, and for rally-cross competitions in
parking lots, you want to air them up, and 40 psi would probably be a good
point at which to leave them for this type of event.
But for strictly on-road use, daily-driving type situations, i would stick
with 35. It's safe, and you'll probably get the longest and most even wear
out of your tires that way.

The Adam Blaster
(Waiting ever so impatiently to air down his tires and rip it up at Jon's
come this July!!!!!)