Re: DML:

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 11:45:39 EST

bgillan@bellsouth.net wrote:

> I have a '97 Club Cab SLT with 3.9L V6 and 22 gallon gas tank. I purchased the
> truck used and ran out of gas on my first tank because the fuel gauage is off
> by 1/4 tank. It reads 1/4 tank when it is actually empty and reads full when
> 3/4 full. I suspect something happened to the sending unit such that it's no
> longer in calibration and can probably be easily fixed by dropping the tank and
> either adjusting the sending unit or replacing it.
>
> I wanted to post here to see if anyone has any suggestions before I go through
> the hassle of dropping the tank. It looks like a fairly easy job. Is there
> anything "forward" of the sending unit that allows calibration (perhaps an
> adjustment up in the dash area)?
>
> Normally, I wouldn't mess with something like this, but would just let it go.
> But I've run out of gas twice now and have come close on other occasions.

unbolting the bed is easier and everything is
right on top and easy to get to.

put in a new fuel pump if tank is off.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold, 401-781-9642

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.