Re: Not to stir up shit..

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 20:05:26 EST

There are several web-based Dak discussion groups. I don't think everyone
needs to do it, however. I've browsed several web-based discussion groups
(Grand Ams, Daks and other stuff) and never was able to get "immersed" like
I was with the DML when I joined 2 1/2 years ago.

The DML works great because I can get it so many ways - digest, for while
I'm on vacation away from a computer. Regular mailing list for when I'm on
the road but have regular access. And NNTP for "home base". When my
primary computer went belly-up, I was still able to read & post to the DML
from my firewall's console (no GUI) with tin - 99% of web pages simply do
not work well with text-only browsers, I learned very quickly.

I find most web-based discussion groups very difficult to get into and use
on a regular basis, mostly because it's very hard to keep track of what's
new, what's old, what you've read, and what you haven't.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com