RE: RE: Re: Synthetic gear oil question

From: jkp61 (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 21:04:55 EST

 Thanks for the tip, I'm not even sure if I have an LSD yet. When I first
bought my truck I thought so because both rear tires would spin in gravel.
Then when I got her home and started checking things out, while jacked up,
the rear tires turned opposite ways like a normal pegleg. So unless they
have changed things in the last 15 years it isn't an LSD. Then again it
keeps spinning both tires off and on, usually when I take off straight, Go
around a corner it is just the inside tire spinning, especially in the
rain(Thought my clutch was slipping at first!!!). So one of these nice days
I will remove the rear cover and find out for sure and then put in some type
of Synthetic gear oil. She will probably appreciate any type of change, then
again you never know!!

Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
 <<'96 Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9L 5spd>>