RE: Hurst Shifter 01-02

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 10:24:46 EST

Don't know what happened to my earlier reply, but here is what it was
suppose to have contained.

Hey Bill,
He-he-he! That was my first thought too. After deciding to save the stock
boot in case of needing to re-installing the stock shifter, I figured it
wouldn't be to hard to fabricate one, and preserve the stock weather boot.
(I don't even want to guess what the dealership charges for a replacement
boot.) As thick as the Nitrite sheet is, it should be much better than the
stock boot at shielding noise.

A problem I need to deal with is that the dealership stripped every screw
hole for the shifter boot. Some of these holes are right against the hole
they cut for the shifter. There isn't any clearance for a larger screw.
Maybe I can find some speednuts or something to slide over the existing
screw holes, or possibly go to a larger nylon screw that won't enlarge the
existing holes. Really I guess this isn't a problem. I doubt the hole
pattern on the Super Boot comes anywhere near matching the hole pattern on
the stock boot.
Rich