Re:knock, knock...

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 19:03:41 EDT

Brian, the Autolite 3923's and a 180 thermostat
did the trick for my '98. I use 87 all the time now
and absolutely no knock! BTW, make sure you
don't have the dreaded belly pan gasket leak in
the intake manifold. Been using a little oil lately?

George

<< I have an engine knock that I can not get rid of. 98
 318 I have a jacobs pro street ignition running
 3923's. (using 87 octane)If I get on it a little more
 than half throttle going up hill she will start to
 knock until I let off. If I continue using only a
 little throttle she is fine. I do not want to settle
 for a truck that has the power to hall butt but can't
 because of knock.
 Should I just go back to running 89 octane. Just put
 in the 3923's but did not help much.

 TIA
 Brian >>