Re: sucks to be john hennessey...

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 20:12:07 EDT

I'd say that people who can afford to spend $140K to double the power in an already $65k car have too much money to know what to do with, and certainly enough time and money to pursue their imagined or real dissatisfaction in court.

Some of the stuff he's accused of is common practice, taking parts from one car for use in another for example. And I've never met a service manager who misused a customers car, and I've worked for a few service centers.

Heck, a Lincoln-Mercury dealership I worked for around Syracuse, NY had a service manager who would take customers cars home regulary just cause he wanted to. I remember one morning a woman picked up her supercharged Mountaineer which she had left over night ONLY TO HAVE OIL CHANGED. Five minutes after walking out the door, she came back in to tell us that someone had left a baby seat in her car. My boss, just goes "Ooops. Go get that for me, Mike" and walked away without a word of explaination to the customer.

I don't doubt that Mr. Hennessy has done some questionable things, but due the status and affluency of most of his clientel, I'm assuming a lot of his legal problems are at least slightly exaggerated.

Theres my .02$ down the drain...
Mike S.
www.geocities.com/geek_farm -almost updated