Re: hemi again

From: Scott Schang (schang@netsync.net)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 19:42:40 EDT

Inside info:

S. Indiana: Recall, Hiring for Columbus Midrange Plant

April 5, 2002
 In anticipation of increased engine volume for Dodge Ram trucks,
 the Columbus Midrange Engine Plant is recalling its remaining
furloughed members of the Diesel Workers Union. A total of 70
employees will be asked to report back by the end of April.

Additionally, CMEP anticipates the need to hire additional
workers. Cummins sent letters to former southern Indiana DWU
represented employees whose recall rights recently expired,
inviting them to apply if interested. The letters were sent in
advance of public notice.

DaimlerChrysler will begin production of the 2003 model year
Heavy Duty Dodge Ram later this summer, actually building both
model years 02 and 03 during a five week overlap. As a result of
both of these actions, Cummins is expecting orders to increase.
Cummins is the exclusive diesel engine supplier for the 2500/3500
series DaimlerChrysler pickup trucks through the 2007 model year
and is the industry leader with the introduction of the model year
2003 High Output, 305HP, 555lb-ft torque engine.