Re: Max load?

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 02:59:02 EDT

In a message dated 4/12/2002 11:23:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com writes:

> Overloading your truck a few times will not "kill" it. It will definitely
> shorten it's life though.

I agree.. we bought our truck because we wanted trucks.. I'd recommend
staying OFF of major highways.. and cruise some smaller roads where you can
take it easier on speed.. and avoid excess traffic & towns.. Allow plenty
of braking distance & pull away gently. I took a pallet of computer
desks(particle board) that was stacked to the roof about 80 miles on my first
Dak. I was a little beyond max rating.. That had it to the stops..
And my current Dak was being used to haul some fill in my dad's neighborhood;
full loads of dirt, up & down hills & over curbs.. No problems except the
steering was VERY light.

Aaron W in AL
95 RC Sport 2.5L
94 RC WS 2.5L