re: 4 Wheel Wteering Picture

From: J. Courtenay Brandon (jcbrandon@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 14:09:42 EDT

Josh Stolarz wrote:

"I was at a conference ... They had a Silverado Denali
there with the 4 wheel steering, looked
interesting..."

I drove one last week at the local GMC dealer. Pretty
amazing experience. Made a couple of u-turns at
traffic lights to see how tight it can turn. Very
tight is the answer. Went back later to make the same
turns in my Club Cab 4x4 and was a half lane wider.

Sierra Denali is a luxo-truck: $45k, interior and ride
like a luxury car. You won't be hauling firewood with
it. One of its best uses is towing. Supposedly makes
the truck-and-trailer unit change lanes like a car and
greatly reduces the effects of crosswinds. The
Quadrasteer system will most likely filter into most
of the GM truck line within a couple of years. If they
could build it stronger it would be fantastic on an
off-road truck. DaimlerChrysler, are you watching
this?

-J.