Re: Canadian Tire oil filters

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 20:34:33 EDT

At 03:33 PM 4/14/02 -0700, you wrote:
>I don't know what filters CT uses, but i do know that Costco uses Fram.
>The Adam Blaster

>>I was wondering if any Canadian DML'ers have tried the Motomaster formula 1
>>oil filter from Can Tire. They say they are 97% efficient and use
>>synthetic materials
>>(to go with synthetic oil :^) ) I guess what I'm trying to say is does
>>anyone know
>>who makes their filters for them? (I'm thinking Fram). Jay

Jay

The Formula 1 synthetic filter from Canadian tire (Motomaster) is made by Fram
but sold exclusively through CT.

This filter combines the stronger case of the Fram Toughguard, with a hybrid,
synthetic/cellulose fibre blend to achieve a 97% SPE rating and the mounting
gasket is PTFE (teflon) for ease of removal.

At 97% SPE (single pass efficiency measures the amount of harmful particles,
10-20 microns in size, that are trapped by the filter on a first pass), it
ranks
above most every other major filter available.

The drawback is gambling on the quality control of FRAM, which is considered
inconsistent.

Bob