Still pinging after all these years...

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 09:06:39 EDT

Well, I got the truck back from the dealer yesterday after they did the
intake gasket. Results: STILL PINGS! It seems quieter at idle, but as soon as
I get on it, it sounds like a Cummins. I'm at my wits end after trying
everything but the timing retard, including 3923s, a 180 stat, rerouting
wires, yadda yadda yadda. It's insane to keep pouring money into an engine to
correct a design flaw!
This is my 3rd Dak & they all pinged, so I've now joined the ranks of
the"enough is enough" crowd, I'm buying a FORD! I've driven several F150s in
both V8 sizes, and they DO NOT PING! And the 5.4 with a 5 speed & 3:55 posi
stomps the R/T!
So much for 25 years of Mopar loyalty. Although I was loyal to the American
Mopars, I can't seem to get a decent "German" Dodge, so it's time to try my
first Ford. Anyone wanna buy a customized 99 Dak?

Kevin / NJ
see my profile for the mods...