Re: DML:A500 tranny replacement--Guidance Needed

From: Jack 3 (hemi@charter.net)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 19:47:49 EDT

If you change to a synthetic later on, I would recommend
going somewhere where they have a machine to flush not
only the lines and the pan fluid, but also all of the
fluid in the torque convertor.The synthetics are
compatible with the conventional fluids, but if you go
synthetic, go all the way.Make sure whatever you get that
it's compatible with Mopar 7176 fluid. DO NOT USE DEXTRON
OR MERCON.

I will have my Mopar Reman A-500 in my 89 Shelby by
tomorrow night.

Jack 3

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:59:18 -0400
  "John" <jkp61@horizonview.net> wrote:

>Your welcome, I hope it will be of some use. As for
>Synthetic oils, I know a
>lot of people use them with improved results. I have
>never used them, but I
>do know they do not break down as fast and offer less
>resistance. They do
>still get dirty though, so I don't know if they have
> improved tranny
>filters like they do engine filters or not. Might be
>worth checking into. If
>you do want to change fluid after break-in, maybe use the
>synthetic then!?
>I'm not really sure you would have to do it though, I
>never have. Like the
>other message from Rick, be sure to flush the lines and
>the old cooler if
>you are leaving it hooked up.
>Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
> <<'96 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9L 5spd>>