Subject: 727 to 518 swap

From: rll (charger69rt@cox.net)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 17:15:27 EDT

Subject: DML: 727 to 518 swap

I'm 52 and this sounds like heresay!!!!!!!!Don't believe ANYONE has made
anything better than a 727..Even Chrysler engineers could never figure
why a trans made for 200-250HP stood up to much,much more...Oh,have a
'68 Super Bee in the garage waiting to be resurrected,so I'm a little
biased.Good luck with the swap.Jeff

I think mopar includes a wiring diagram to install an overdrive tranny into an
earlier vehicle.Now whether this info is available separately is the question.

I have a 518 with a dead overdrive setting next to a project 727 and the cases
look identical other than the addition of the overdrive section.

My overdrive failed by moving the selector from d to 2 while overdrive was engaged.

We just got our 440 charger back on the road last xmas. It has a 727 with a 3.55
dana rear. It has to turn 4000 just to stay with traffic.....one more gear like the
518
has would be an improvement.

boblip