Re: Guage color change

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 20:17:21 EDT

I tried this jsut last night...
       The factory puts ina 194PC bulb, which has a funny socket built into
it, but still takes a 194 bulb. I managed to get my green bulbs into the old
sockets (with some cutting bendin solderin and alot of cussing) and slapped
them in the truck, well they all worked, but I could hardly tell the
difference, and for all the effort I but in, I must definatly say it was no
where near worth the effort.
       I was trying for the green shade that the "cruise" light comes on in
because I have chosen green for my lighting color (unlike everone else and
their blue) but I was sadly depressed, I took out the bulbs today adn went
back to some new 194PC and really couldn't tell any diffence... Damn the
world!

Greg

PS If you are lookin to change your dome/under dash lights, go to the home
depot, they have lights for the little 12V lawn adn house lights that are the
same size and same wattage, I have run the green adn the blue, they don't
fade and are less than $3 a pair!!!!!!!!! Just wear some latex gloves when
installing otherwise like with all died bulbs they will turn orange!