Re: Diecast Dakota trucks 1:18th scale

From: HOP (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 17:03:37 EDT

Kevin, In hobby stores they sell decals that you use a pencil to apply them.
You put it over where you want it and rub the pencil on there and it
transfers from the paper to where you want to put it. They also have the old
style that you have to get wet for them to stick.. gl, Hop

I received my SY CC Dakota today. Not a bad way to spend $30.....although it
currently states on the decals that it is a DAKOTA 5.9 R/T 4x4......lol

I'm hoping the hairdryer will rid me of the R/T stuff.

I am however gonna try and figure a way to make this diecast model an exact
replica of my MAGNUM S/T. Not sure if I can get vinyl printed that small
though :(

Anyone with experience in getting vinyl decals (custom) for something this
small??...possibly sumthin using my PC?? I welcome any ideas...I just don't
think I can paint the thing myself by hand.....hmmm.....maybe printing on a
transparency...;)

--
Kevin
http://webpages.charter.net/khoegen