Re: Front axel spewing

From: John (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 12:11:47 EDT

   Of the 4X4's I have owned, Mopar and Ford, I have never had any fluid
spew out of the vent hose. That is to keep pressure from building up in your
differential, and the hose is only on it to raise the vent above water and
mud, hopefully! Your diff. isn't over-filled, Is it? I have had some vent
hoses get plugged with mud and cause the seals to start leaking, but never
anything come out of the hose. When I put the 3.91 gears in my old
RoadRunner some of the gear oils I used would break down and foam up real
bad, but still not come out of the vent. I saw it when I pulled the pumpkin
back out. I used to have a bad habit of changing things around when I was
bored, 2.94's, 3.23's & 3.91's the last 2 were limited slips. Change a
manifold-change gears! Of course I was single and in the military-had plenty
of time! Maybe someone else has another idea. the only thing I can think of
is too much fluid or pressure, but what is causing the pressure?
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
   <<'96 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9L 5spd>>