Re: Monroe Sensatracs

From: John (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 12:25:57 EDT

   Well apparently noone else is interested in the Monroe's, but they do
seem to be a pretty good shock, lifetime warranty also. They finally all
came in on Sat and I installed Sun am. The original rear shocks still felt
good! They had plenty of pressure and they still returned quickly, but the
front were shot. The right had no gas pressure left and the left side was
leaking and on its way out. I also realized that the original front shocks
had no top cover either, but since his old style Monroe Gas-Matic Plus' did
and the new Sensatrac's didn't he made me a real good deal on some red boots
for the front!! I did replace all 4, but I don't see much of a difference
out of the rear (haven't tried w/a load), but a great difference out of the
front, handles much better & stays flatter on turns.
Take Care & Keep On Truckin'~~~~~John
   <<'96 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9L 5spd>>

---
flew away with all the VIRUS infected mail!