RE: Prerunner/baja dakotas...PICS

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 20:59:55 EDT

Yeah, I've seen that pic before . . . on a different site. It's
a 2WD Durango actually. Same basic idea on the bumper,
though--got rid of the stock bumper and lower valence and built
a strong frame and skid plate to protect the vulnerable
radiator. From the other site I saw this pic on, I remember a
caption that said this was an all custom bumper as well.
Unfortunately, you're looking at dropping close to a grand on a
custom front bumper--it's a lot of work measuring, bending,
fitting, etc. . . . unless you know somebody who will cut you a
deal. You could also do what I did and rearend some poor lady
who threw out her anchor to stop at a yellow light and then have
your insurance buy your bumper. ;) That's what you call making
lemonade . . . .

JY