Re: Open Element vs. FIPK

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 09:19:21 EDT

In a message dated 4/27/02 9:23:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ded74@yahoo.com
writes:

<< First performance mod I'm going for is the intake. Is an open element
 setup, say a 14x3 K&N with the Extreme top as good as a cold air FIPK type
 setup? Unless there's some huge difference in power, I think I'm gonna go
 with the cheaper open element setup. >>

A 14x3 with open top will flow more air than an FIPK - albeit warmer air.
It's a matter of choice.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com
2002 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92's, Airaid, MBRP Super Single, Exhaust,
Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 t-stat