primary coil misfire

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 22:49:43 EDT

Something as simple as a bad coil wire can be the culprit. I put a new
cap/wires/rotor/plugs in my brother-in-law's truck and a week later the
check engine light came on. Same fault code as yours, found out the new
coil wire was defective. Put a new coil wire on again, the problems was
fixed.
  If it has new wires on it, get a new coil wire for $6 and give it a
whirl before you invest $30 in a coil. If it has old wires on it,
either stick a coil wire on it, or put a whole set and cap and rotor on
it too cause it needs it, then see if the light returns and you might
need a coil.
  Chrysler schedules the cap/wires to be replaced at 60,000.
Patrick