Re: tranny solution

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mike@mypants.org)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 16:48:32 EDT

No I needed a 42RH. The difference between an RH and an RE is...
h=hydraulic, e=electronic. Like everything else nowadays, electronic
computer controls have invaded the wacky world of transmissions.

Costs... With the options I got it was right at $1700 plus $125shipping (one
way). I also paid a core charge of $600 which I will get back when I pay to
ship the original one back (another $125). The Mopar converter ran right at
$200 and install will probably cost ~$400. This is all pretty expensive,
but I have never have had much faith in my tranny and flat out wanted one I
could put my confidence behind and a 360 in front of someday :).

www.hughesperformance.com also sells the rebuild kits with all the
performance parts, so it might be cheaper to have a local shop use a kit on
your tranny so you don't have to pay shipping costs. I just didn't trust
mine to be rebuilt again.

chuong, you given any thought to coming to STL in june for the big meet?

mm