RE: Re: Loose wheel

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 19:47:49 EDT

Kevin is right.

Dave, first always inspect the lugnuts at least monthly for those who like
to bounce around or street racing. I have found that one or two somehow do
not meet the manufacture torque range and have to be retighten.

When inspecting the brakes, always inspect the wheel bearings or grease
fittings for leakage. It is called 'WEAR & TEAR'. Never wait for the
recommended manufacture mileage to inspect or check anything.

Beside Kevin comment, I would add: if the truck is under warranty and is
fairly new, I would take it back to the dealer. It may be a defected
product.

Steven St.Laurent
C4i System Engineer
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA