RE: RE: Re: 99 Neon R/T HOT ROD...

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 09:16:14 EDT

Do you mean 8PSI or 8 seconds? If 8 seconds in the 1/4 mile, then they have
to rebuild the motor after each race. Not streetable in anyway. Even the
NEON R/T race by the Dodge team does the 1/4 in high 6s.

Like the Dodge SRT-10 or the Neon SRT-4, these cars have to last the 100K
mark due to warranty. I can push a 1.3 LTR DOHC Suzuki motor with 800HP but
it will be useless for any streetable race and warranty issues.

DaimlerChrysler is already working on the next generation Lancer that will
compete with the WRX (300HP range) but it must meet the DC warranty and QC
before going public.

Now where is that Dakota SRT-8 they promised!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Steven St.Laurent
C4i System Engineer
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps