Transmission Woes

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 15:20:02 EDT

OK guys....everytime I ask a question no one answers me, but I'll try again
anyway.

      I just rebuilt my transmission (yes, you read that correctly, "I" did
it). It needed a rebuild, so I bought a 98 46RE intending to swap it out with
the 46RH. After discovering that there was a little more to converting the RE
to an RH than just swapping valve bodies, I decided to tear both trannies
apart and make one good one.

      So now I got a 46RH that has solved every problem I had except one.
Once warmed up, the transmission sometimes won't downshift into 1st at a
light. Also, it won't upshift until 3k rpm. I've decided that it's either the
front band needs readjusting (even though I adjusted it to spec as per the
FSM) or the governor is bad. I know there has been people who have had
governor failures in the past, and I was hoping if someone could give me the
symptoms they had when it went.

       That's all fellas, hopefully someone can help me!

-Austin

Vipertruck