Re: Re: Tow straps for sale

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 20:14:13 EDT

I can guarantee that i've put more than a 6000 lb load on my straps, and
it's been a really HARD pull. I pulled out a Ford F150 4x4 with a snowplow
on the front, a fully loaded salter on the back (around 700 lb) and a bed
1/2 full of salt. I used to own the truck, and i estimated the weight at
with the plow and salter installed around 6500 lbs, no salt included. My
friend now owns it, and got hung up on a curb when he was plowing.
I came with the MIGHT DAKOTA and hand to give him 3 hard yanks to drag him
off the curb. But i didn't really get him off, i kinda pulled him
"through".... There's a 1 foot section of the curb that magically went
missing this past winter. :)
This was all done with 2 of Robs straps looped through each other. And they
held up fine. Of course, we're not talking about a locomotive. hehehe

The Adam Blaster