RE: high altitude tuning?

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@cox.net)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 00:39:43 EDT

That's what your MAP sensor does.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

From: owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net]On Behalf Of Jef & Laura
Denning
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 9:28 PM
To: dakota-truck list
Cc: denning--pat & syl
Subject: DML: high altitude tuning?

I live at sea level but will be driving soon to high altitudes in Colorado
and Wyoming. I've an unmodified 318, auto 4x4 (ok, a std K&N). Is there
any adjustment I should know about or do to the fuel injectors, or other
system, to account for the thin air? I'll be pulling about 2400 lbs.

Thanks, Jef

Following is sappy list praise.

A few days ago a lister (M.Clark) responded to a query by explaining that he
had tracked down the source of the coolant smell he noticed around his
parents' Durango. Thermostat housing gasket was the culprit. Once or twice
I'd smelled the "smell," but couldn't find the source -- until I read Mike's
email and viewed his photo. This gasket likely would have failed on our
upcoming trip, but thanks to the info from this list I fixed it in the
driveway. That was a HUGE save!