Re: What's up?

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 17:13:23 EDT

That ain't nothing.. December of 2000, exactly 1 year after I bought my
'97 dakota (bought it used in dec '99), my waterpump rusted out.. find out,
it's the coolant which is totally rusty, which rusted out ALL of my freeze
plugs!! Total Cost?? $1700... only freaking thing covered under
warrenty was waterpump, and I still had to pay $50 deduct on that... I
had about 5 pages of stuff done and didn't have a truck for more than a
week. Hell, I'm glad I stopped the truck when I did, or I could have warped
the heads and.. well, I'd probably be running a 360 now.. Oh, and supposedly
the coolant was checked not 6 months before that when I had a lube done..
was probably done 3 months before that when the oil change was done again,
but dunno for sure... and well, coolant just doesn't rust that fast!!!
It wasn't just barely rusted, the coolant was now a deep orange, no
green/yellow tint whatsoever. Dealership claims it was a weak mix of
coolant.. Ok, so.. .was it a weak mix when I bought it from them a year
before??????????? GRRRRRR

'97 Dakota SLT CC 5.2L

> Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 08:45:14 -0500
> From: "HOP" <hopsdak@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: DML: What's up?
>
> Well, My service manager says that my Dakota Is worth more than your
Dakota!