Re: Passing Texas emissions?????

From: Ryan Rodgers (rodgers_ryan@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 21:46:55 EDT

I took the test new test with my 4.7 and passed on the First try. However,
I took my homebrew intake off and put the factory one back on right before I
took it in for the test. My K&N needed cleaned, so it seemed like an ideal
time. My understanding is that for 96 and newer they just plug into the
computer and check some OBDII readings. I didn't watch the test performed
on my truck, as I dropped it off and ran some errands with the wife. The
only reason they should give you grief on the homeade intake is from looks
alone. I would think that as long the OBDII is not showing any problems
related to emissions that you would pass. But, I guess it would be
subjective to the person performing the test. As an FYI - the only mod I
have at this point was the homebrew intake. Cat back system is coming in
July...
-Ryan
2000 Patriot Blue Tu-tone SLT+, 4.7, Auto, 3.92 LSD, homebrew K&N
Garland, TX