RE: 97 Dak 2.5 Code 12

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 10:54:06 EDT

Code 12 is a standard "Battery Disconnect" code. Nothing to worry about
unless your engine dies all of a sudden (no power to PCM)...but then
again, you'll know it when that happens.

Most people who either reset the PCM, install a stereo (disconnecting
the battery), or work on the engine (disconnecting the battery) will see
this code as well.

Check all of the grounds as well as the connections to the PCM. Ya
never know...it may be a bad PCM that's sporadic.

- Bernd