catback exhaust dilemma

From: Canucker Trucker (mal5@ualberta.ca)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 14:27:20 EDT

Question: for running a dual catback system, do you figure it would be
better to have two 2 1/4" pipes or two 2 1/2"? I noticed everyone
recommends 3" for single exhaust. Both 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" have more flow
area than the single 3", but I'm worried about losing some bottom end torque
by going too big (I did that with my Mustang when I put dual 3" all the way
down) ... whatyda guys figure?

Also, on the same (exhaust) note, does anyone have a preference of running a
single in/dual out muffler or running two mufflers and have a Y-connection
after the cat?

Suggestions?
(For the record, I was going to go with a single (3" in, 2 1/4" duals out)
Flowmaster muffler after the cat and run duals from there).

--
Canuck
Y2K 4.7L 2wd 5spd