Re: relocating hood latch

From: Dave (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 12:38:16 EDT

I made my own grille inserts and for the hood latch I just drilled a couple
holes in a flat bar I got from home depot, drilled holes to match on the
hood latch, bolted it on and bent the bar so it wouldn't hit the tranny
cooler, now to open my hood all I do is reach right under the grill and the
bar is right there. There are some pics of a similar setup here:

www.angelfire.com/ks2/Dester223/home.html

He welded his, I bolted mine (no access to welding equipment). Hope this
helps.

--
Dave
Bensalem, PA

""Doggy"" <rudoggy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ad5832$vme$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > my last question, i swear! > i have purchased a 5 piece honey-comb grill insert. Has not arrived yet, but > i know that the hood latch will have to be moved. > Is this a pain in the ass or what?? Anyone have any how-to sites for the > easiest way to accomplish this job? > thanks again > > -- > http://www.raisingdakota.com > Doggy > 97 FlameRed SLT CC-5.2 V8-Airaid Intake-SoftTop > rudoggy@hotmail.com > > ,-._,-. > \/)"(\/ > (_o_) > > *woof* > > > >