RE: Electric Fan Woes

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 00:15:25 EDT

Bob,
I ran a Flex-A-Lite Black Magic 150 fan for a couple of months in my 318 Dak
last summer. No matter what I did (I never tried the Flow Kooler water pump)
I could not keep the temps under 220 in stop and go traffic. BTW, that was
with the A/C off. On one occasion, it actually hit 240. I ended up pulling
the fan and reinstalling the stock fan. I wish there was a higher capacity
unit out there because I really enjoyed the power increase to the rear
wheels as well as the mileage increase. Maybe an 18 or 24" fan could do the
job. I just don't think the BM150 covers enough of the radiator to be
effective.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html